Access to and use of the My Life Planning Portfolio (the Application) of the Education Bureau (EDB) of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) (https://portfolio.lifeplanning.edb.gov.hk
) are subject to the following provisions, where “you” refers to the user and “we” the EDB:
- When you use our service, you will be informed of our policy on collection, use and disclosure of personal data and the options that you may exercise in this respect.
Use of Data and Materials
- Unless otherwise stated, all data and information in the Application serve as reference only and have no binding effect. Data and information in the Application are provided “as they are” and “as available” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. In particular, no warranty regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, timeliness, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such data and information.
- No company, service, product or website linked to the Application is necessarily endorsed by us. No warranty or claim is given or made by us regarding the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of any information covered by such companies, services, products or websites.
- You must register as a user (“account holder”) before using our service on the Website. Once registered, you accept that:
- you are responsible for ensuring that the information you have provided for user registration is accurate and complete. You should notify us in a timely manner if there are any changes.
- you are responsible for taking all necessary measures to ensure the security and confidentiality of your account and password, and prevent any third party from accessing the computer you have used or you are using. Under the applicable legislation, you agree to be held accountable for all activities conducted with your account. You should notify us immediately if you are convinced that your account or password is being used or may be used in an unauthorised manner.
- we reserve the right to check these user inputs and delete any such inputs from the Application from time to time and/or remove your registered account from the Application without prior notice or justification.
Validity Period of User Account
- Except in special circumstances, student accounts, once registered, shall remain valid until the end of the following school year after graduation. Upon termination of account, all personal data will be deleted.
Termination of User Account
- To request immediate termination of any registered teacher/student account and deletion of relevant personal data held by the EDB, the account holder shall make an application by writing to our Life Planning Education Section at Education Bureau Kowloon Tong Education Services Centre, 19 Suffolk Road, Kowloon Tong.
- To request termination of any school account and deletion of relevant personal data held by the EDB, the account holder shall make an application by writing to our Life Planning Education Section at Education Bureau Kowloon Tong Education Services Centre, 19 Suffolk Road, Kowloon Tong.
- Upon termination of your account,
- a notification of account termination will be sent by the system to the email address recorded in your account holder profile;
- you can no longer log in with your account name;
- you can no longer access specific services provided by us; and
- the personal data recorded in your account holder profile will be deleted.
- The information provided in the Application and its operation shall conform to and comply with the provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. Please also refer to “Collection and Use of Personal Data through the Internet – Points to Note for Data Users Targeting at Children” regarding the collection of personal data from young people.
- you agree that we may use your data and/or pass such data to a third party for educational research purposes.
- you agree that the data provided is complete and accurate to the best of your knowledge and you shall take full responsibility for providing and/or sharing such data.
- you acknowledge and agree that you will be presented with various kinds of online surveys in the course of using our service, and you agree to provide feedback and complete such surveys. You also acknowledge and agree that we may use the data provided by you and/or pass such data to a third party for educational research purpose.
- you acknowledge and agree that anonymity will be respected when any such research is conducted.
Collection of Data
- education and learning background, including the school attended, class, examination results, nominator, scholarships and awards received, and details about placement, community service or extra-curricular activities;
- images and photos showing yourself; and
- demographic information such as age, gender, place of birth, education background of parents and preferences.
- When you visit the Application, we will collect information about how our service is accessed and used (“browsing history”). The browsing history may include information about your computer, such as the Internet Protocol address (IP address), type and version of browser, as well as the pages you have visited, the time and date of visits, the time spent on the pages, special tools used, identifier and other diagnostic information.
- We use “cookies” and similar tracking technology to trace the activities related to our service and retain some of the information. A cookie is created in a computer when a website is visited. It usually comprises an anonymous unique identifier that enables the identification of a particular computer. It, however, cannot be used to collect any personal data. In other words, it does not have the function of identifying an individual user of the website.
Use of Data
- The data collected will be used for one or more of the purposes below and is irrelevant to the pre-migration set of web application:
- assessing and following up educational services;
- facilitating further individual guidance;
- providing analysis/meaningful information and compilation of statistics;
- providing input for educational research and policy making;
- updating users on changes in our services;
- enabling the interactive functions of our services;
- providing services and support for users;
- delivering services and maintaining the system;
- monitoring the use of services; and
- detecting, preventing and solving technical problems.
Transfer of Data
- If you provide us with information from a location outside Hong Kong, your data, including personal data, will be transferred to Hong Kong for processing there.
- We might engage a third party, whether an institution or individual (“service provider”), to render the service we need or help us with data analysis, such as Hong Kong Jockey Club, higher education institutions, non-governmental organizations and organizations that might participate in educational research.
- Such service providers can only access your personal data and have the obligation not to disclose such data or use it for other purposes.
Intellectual Property Rights
- All contents displayed on the Website, including but not limited to names, images, portraits, graphics, audio tracks, video clips, signs, icons, logos, products and services, are protected by the copyright, design right, trade mark and other intellectual property rights owned by us and/or a third party. Any unauthorised use of such materials is prohibited.
- The contents that you are granted the right to access in the Application are meant only for personal or non-commercial browsing. You are permitted to download students’ career inclination assessment reports and teaching materials from the Application to local computers for personal or non-commercial use, provided that you shall not modify, alter or adapt any part thereof. For the avoidance of doubt, you shall not make other use of other contents in the Application by reproducing, modifying, transmitting, storing in a retrieval system, copying, granting any right therein to another person, distributing or publishing such contents.
- We specifically disclaim any liability for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or special damages arising out of or in any way connected with your access to or use of the Application, including but not limited to any loss or damage caused by viruses affecting your computer equipment or your reliance on the data obtained from the Application. By accessing the Application, you agree that we are immune from any claim for damages arising from any decision you have made according to the information thereon.
- No statement, representation or warranty, express or implied, is given by the Government as to its accuracy, completeness or appropriateness for use in any particular circumstances. The Government shall not be liable for any errors, omissions, misstatements or misrepresentations (express or implied), concerning any Information, and shall not have or accept any liability, obligation or responsibility whatsoever for any loss, destruction or damage (including without limitation consequential loss, destruction or damage) howsoever arising from or in respect of using, misusing, inability to use, or relying on the Information.
- In the event of dispute, the decision of the EDB of the Government of the HKSAR shall be regarded as the final decision, which is also conclusive and binding.
Access to and Correction of Personal Data
- You may request for access to and correction of personal data that we hold about you. In accordance with the legislation, we may need to verify your identity when processing any such request. Under the PDPO, you have the right to request access to or correction of the personal data provided. Such requests should be made in the Data Access Request Form (No.OPS003 issued by the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data) and sent to us by mail to the Controlling Officer (Data Protection), 15/F., Wu Chung House, 213 Queen's Road East, Wanchai, Hong Kong. By virtue of Section 20(3)(e) of the PDPO, a data access request may be refused if it is not made in this Form. The Form is available in any District Office.